Thursday, November 27, 2008

Vacation

I received my official travel documents today! Now it is time for me to start organizing the items that I intend to take and by the end of next week, I would like to own or have ordered everything that I think I am going to need.

Gap Adventures has a much shorter list of items than I would take so I am going to trust their list. They have been doing this a lot longer than I have so I am going to trust them. So far, I have done what I was supposed to do and they have done what they should have done, so I can only believe this exchange will continue.

I really hate the TSA rules regarding shampoo and conditioner and the like. I would not have to check my bag if it were not for these items but I cannot live with 2 oz of liquids for 2 weeks (or whatever the limits are). So, I will check my bag and pray that it arrives in Quito when I do. So far, I have never had a lost bag so I am hoping that my luck holds out. I heard a rumor that in Jan or Feb 09, the 2oz rule is being eliminated but I have no verifiable proof - just rumor. I do hope that it is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Countdown to Vacation