Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Exhausted From Social Networking!

I started this blog, then I rediscovered Facebook. So, I have been over on Facebook going nuts reconnecting with friends from my past(yeah, I have a really shady one)and connecting with people i see everyday but in a different way. People that I interact with everyday at work, I am learning new things about them! I love it! If you are so inclined, you should come on over and get a Facebook account. Then look me up, and I'll let you in as one of my friends!

So, the counter at the bottom of the page indicates I have 25 days until I hit the road for Ecuador and by road, I mean the friendly skies:) I am excited and I can't wait to go. Last week, I had a 20 second period of panic but it passed. I have not been on a long vacation since 1997 when I went to Russia. This is a needed and well earned vacation. I look forward to posting my pictures here while I am away. I looked at the itenrary again and it seems that I don't have to run like crazy the entire time. I will be able to pick my activities in each town that we village so I can have down time when I want it. Probably won't have internet when I want it but I will at least be able to stay on top of all the pictures I will take.

On Sunday, yesterday, I went out for a 4+ hour hike on the Snowhill trail and it was great. The only way that I was able to do this is because I spent ALL day Saturday in the library working on my dissertation. I can't believe it but I made some rules for myself and I am sticking to them. It has only been 2 days but I feel a sense of accompliishment. Even if I fall off the wagon tomorrow it won't matter, I have gotten some things done.

I am happy that I ordered my Christmas cards on Friday and they should be here by the end of the week. So next week, I can get them addressed and the following week I will put them in the mail. This weekend, I intend to finalize my Christmas shopping. Most of my closest friends are getting pictures that I took this year because they indicated how much they liked them. Others will get the gift my employer gives me or something else that I pick out. I should go on vacation in December all the time because it sure puts me on a pretty strict timeline. Of course, when it comes to spending money, I don't need to be on a timeline, I have no problem spending.

I must go now and find gifts for my coworkers. I want it to be something different and unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Countdown to Vacation