Sunday, January 4, 2009

The final day in Quito.....

and I am still in bed. I got up around 7 to say good bye to those that are going on to the Galapagos Islands, I checked in for my flights tomorrow, picked up a router for my room, and came back to bed. I am mostly still in bed because it seems that most of the shops are closed and there is not a lot to do. I am definitely not complaining because I have been on the go for two weeks and I am quite ready for some down time. If my spelling is more horrible than usually in this post, it is because i cannot see. I have the first thing in the morning blurriness that I get sometimes.

I guess that I should mention the people that I have been traveling with. You already know about Bernhard but there were others heeee. If I have not previously mentioned, our guide was Fernando and he is about 25 and the most adorable Peruvian that you will ever meet. He had never done the Ecuador tour so he was a little nervous but if he made any mistakes, we surely didn't notice. He got us to the towns that we needed to go to and on and off of the chicken buses without a hitch. If I decided to tour Peru, I will only tour it with him.

Katherine and Anna are sisters from Australia. Both are in their 20s and Anna is a nurse and Katherine is going to school to be a doctor. Both very, very nice girls and fun to be around. Their parents arrived in Quito last night and they will continue on to the Galapagos with the girls. Fernando fell head over heals for Katherine. Too bad she has a boyfriend but it was funny to watch.

Catherine from Canada is my evil twin. She is in her early 40s and doesn't often mince words. She is awesome:) Another friend that I am leaving this trip with is Hirsh who is also living in Canada. He is a dentist and a very nice, easy going, fun loving guy. He has a brother that lives in Palm City, which is north of West Palm Beach.

So, Catherine, Katherine, Anna, Bernhard, and Hirsh are the real friends that I am leaving this trip with. Not too bad because I didn't expect to leave with any:)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had an amazing and memorable trip (and that you made some nice friends). I miss you....seems like you have been gone forever.

    ReplyDelete

Countdown to Vacation